Annual Accounts And Companies House

The Rules And Regulations

If you're running a company of any size, you need to make sure you stay on the right side of Companies House and HMRC.

Every year, you're going to need to push some pencils to avoid getting into serious hot water and getting fined. If you really get it wrong you could face prosecution or get struck off the register and lose your assets. Even if your company is dormant, you've still got to hit the deadlines.

Call us on 01233 653006 today.

RIFT Accounting takes care of more than simply preparing company annual accounts. We're here to make sure your business thrives by staying on top of all the regulations, requirements and deadlines it faces. We can keep you on the right side of:

  • The Companies Act 2006 and Regulations 2011.
  • The Small Companies and Groups (Accounts and Directors’ Report) Regulations 2008.
  • The Partnerships (Accounts) Regulations 2008.
  • The Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2012.
  • The Small Companies (Micro-Entities Accounts) Regulations 2013.

Preparing company accounts can be a complex matter, but the right advice and guidance make all the difference. Here are a few things you need to know straight away:

  • Every company needs to keep records, even if they're not currently trading and no transactions have taken place.
  • You need to keep accounting records for everything for all company expenditure along with all monies received.  Also you need to keep a register of all its assets (what it owns) and liabilities (what it owes).

In general, the important thing about understanding company accounts is to keep all your  accounting records for at least three years.

RIFT Accounting takes care of all your paperwork and obligations, supporting your company and protecting it from the penalties and pitfalls of missed deadlines or incomplete records.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can Companies House offer technical advice about my accounts?

Basically, no. You might get some general help, but nothing approaching technical advice or guidance on legal issues.

Is there any way of getting a deadline extended if I need more time?

There are steps that can sometimes be taken to extend a filing deadline. If you require this to happen for any reason, speak to us at RIFT Accounting and we will take a look and advise you accordingly.

Are there any other rules I need to follow to stay safe?

There certainly are, for example, if you change your registered office address, appoint a new Director or Secretary (or lose one), or if any of your personal details change, then Companies House will need to be notified via a confirmation statement..

It can be complicated staying on the right side of Companies House, but if talk to RIFT Accounting it doesn’t need to be.

All in all when it comes to preparing company annual accounts, it's a lot to keep track of and it's easy to get bogged down in the details. Talk to RIFT Accounting to see how we can cut through the red tape and keep your accounting headache-free.

If you're dealing in goods, you'll also need to keep details of any stock held and various other bits and pieces.

You'll need a registered office address and your records need to be accessible all the time. When it comes to Companies House, there are a lot of ways to get things wrong and only one way to get them right.

They don't care if you tried hard or meant well. Every scrap of paperwork you send them has to be accurate and complete, so you need to ensure your homework is completed and turned in on time. 

Contact Us

Newsletter Sign Up

Fieldset legend